Paint can be a transformative change in any space. Whether it is an office, home, industrial space, hospital or any other setting, paint makes a significant aesthetic change to create any desired atmosphere you may have. Once you have chosen your paint color, your professional painter will help you choose the appropriate finish and supplies. But, before painting any space, it is important to prepare the room properly because paint that is done too quickly can look sloppy and the end results far from satisfying. A high quality, experienced professional painter will prepare a room before painting so that painting efforts are not wasted and your paint looks well done, the first time.
• Depending on the size of the room, your painter will remove all furniture from the room or move it to the center of the room so it is far away from the walls. This will allow for more room to paint and reduce the risk of damaging furniture with paint splatters.
• Your painter will use canvas drop cloth or plastic drop cloth to cover any furniture or decor left in the room and to cover the floors to prevent any damage from occurring.
• Professional painters will not only protect the floors and furnishings from damage but they will also cover any light fixtures on the walls or ceiling fans as well as remove electrical plates from the wall. This will ensure the most seamless paint job without damaging your home or belongings. This level of professional care and peace of mind is exactly why it is worth it to hire a professional painter.
• When examining the work of your professional painter, be sure that any holes or cracks have been filled in and any other abnormalities have been repaired because once you paint over them, they will only become more obvious.
• When dust is loosened up from walking around or moving furniture it may settle on your walls and when you paint over those dirty walls, it will show. A professional painter will ensure that they are working with a thoroughly clean surface so that the paint job looks its best.
• Tape may be used to help avoid dabs or drip of paint form damaging baseboards or other areas while ensuring clean, straight lines.
• Lastly, before painting begins, every good professional painter will prime any walls that have dark paint already on them, paint patterns or existing paint with a significant amount of gloss in it. By doing so, the paint will be applied properly and will look its best.
• Now the painter will begin to paint. They will most likely begin with the edges and work in from there. Soon, your professionally painted room will be done and ready for you to enjoy.