If you type “commercial repainting contractors near me” into Google, hoping the find the best commercial painting contractors in Phoenix, AZ, you will get a list of companies. How do you choose the best?
Here are some of the most important things to take into consideration:
- Commercial painting jobs require specialized skills and training on industry best practices so the work is done correctly and efficiently. This is why you should always work with a company with extensive commercial painting and repainting experience.
- Quality Reputation. Check out a company’s reputation online, ask for references from past customers, and view before and after pictures of the work they’ve done.
- A company may have years of experience, but you must also ensure the crew that will work at your facility is experienced. So, avoid commercial repainting companies that hire subcontractors. While subcontractors may be needed for specialized work, the best companies do not subcontract core painting and coating work.
- Safety and Security. Painting crews may need to work at times when you are not onsite. So, you must ensure they have passed background checks and drug tests and have been trained on OSHA safety procedures.
- Licensing and Insurance. Check with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors to see if a company is licensed and bonded. Ask for a copy of their insurance policy to confirm their coverage and verify the insurance is still in effect.
- You may or may not be able to shut down your commercial building while repainting is in progress. So, be sure contractors can work around your schedule to minimize disruption to tenants.
- Choose a company that will stand by its work and handle any problems that arise. Review the warranty carefully and look for exclusions. Another reason you want to work with commercial painting contractors in Phoenix, AZ, that have been in business for years is that they will be there if you need warranty work done in the future.
- One of the most common complaints about contractors is their lack of communication, making it essential to define when and how often the crew will provide progress updates.
Determining the Project Scope
Many factors will determine the cost of your project. The best contractors do an onsite walkthrough to evaluate your project first-hand and provide you with a free estimate.
While your contractor will handle minor repairs such as small cracks and surface chips, prep work may uncover structural problems, mold, or rot. You want a clear understanding of who is responsible for repairs and how they will be addressed.
Before you sign a contract, get a firm understanding of the project scope. Some contractors purposely leave the details out so they can skip steps or ask for expensive change orders after the job has started.
Materials are a significant factor in the cost — and quality — of your repainting project. High-quality paints and finishes cost a bit more but will provide longer-lasting protection and look better longer. Be wary of commercial repainting companies that underbid projects by using low-quality paints and finishes or do not specify in their contracts the materials that will be used.
You should also discuss upfront what will happen in the event of unforeseen delays. Weather can impact your timeline. So, you need to know what will happen if storms delay completion and how the contractor will adjust.
Finding Commercial Repainting Contractors Near Me
Ghaster Painting & Coatings has more than 45 years of experience in commercial painting and repainting and has completed some of the most demanding and challenging jobs in Phoenix and throughout Arizona.
When you work with an experienced commercial painting contractor in Phoenix, AZ, like Ghaster Painting & Coatings, you get an experienced, professional commercial painting crew that is honest, reliable, and dependable. You can count on Ghaster Painting & Coatings to provide an accurate quote and detail the items that need to be done.
Ghaster Painting & Coatings is Arizona’s premier choice for commercial and industrial painting. Contact us to request a bid.